Community Care and Healing
Discover healing through the arts and mindfulness. This carefully curated list offers a transformative space to navigate and process complex emotions and trauma, guiding individuals in utilizing creative expression and bodily connection as tools for recovery and emotional well-being.
Breakthrough - Healing Through the Arts
YWCA Toronto’s Breakthrough program offers support groups for women and gender diverse individuals who have experienced violence. Violence is defined as any form of violence experienced at any time in someone’s life. This program offers participants the opportunity to explore and practice how to use the arts, mindfulness and connect to the body to heal from the effects of trauma.
This program is free of charge.They aim to provide a trauma-informed, anti-oppressive, participant-centered, and resource-based program to best support and continually learn from our participants.
Art Wellness Program offered by SketchToronto
- Self and community care through the arts, food access, tech support & referrals
- Arts in the Park: Visual arts activities, collaborative sculpture, and food in a community setting. Art kits, meal kits and wellness/harm reduction supplies to go available. Thursdays, 12-4pm. In front of Artscape, just south of the front entrance.
- For more information and to register email firstname.lastname@example.org
Arts Based Self Care by Yaij
- Their arts-based programs promote reflection, social connectedness, and self care. They offer year round arts-based workshops including Poetry in Motion, Intersecting Bodies (visual arts), YAIJ at the Ballet, and The Techno Self (arts-based technology).
Soft, mental health fund by Sad Collective
- SOFT is a $1000 grant created to empower your first step journey into seeking clinical advice. It’s meant to prioritize those who face systemic and financial barriers.