This section includes resources for Black people to access mental health support, legal services, and creative modes of self-soothing.
Healing Resources for BIPOC Organizers & Allies Taking Action for Black Lives
This Medium article includes a list of resources to support your mind-body-soul in this moment. It includes quick tune-ups for your nervous system, Black-led sessions on healing from racialized trauma, education and practices for allies showing up in solidarity, and a final section intended to help you understand this political moment and a few strategic lenses for the long haul.
Resources for Black Healing and Support, Greater Toronto Area
- Black Therapeutic Supports & Trauma Informed Grounding Techniques
- Black Legal Resources & Community Services
- Black Support Phone Lines
- Affirming Black Content
- Music for Black Healing/Affirmation/Grief/Crying/Dreaming; Playlists
Healing Resources for Black People
From Black organizations, providers and authors unless otherwise noted.
- Live/Online Groups
- Reading (some with .PDF links)
- Podcasts & Playlists
Toronto For All: Anti-Black Racism & Mental Health Resources
Contents Includes Help Lines:
- 211 Ontario