519 Counselling Services
The 519 Community Centre offers LGBTQ2S friendly spaces where you can get support.
The 519 is committed to the health, happiness and full participation of the LGBTQ2S communities. A City of Toronto agency with an innovative model of Service, Space and Leadership, we strive to make a real difference in people’s lives, while working to promote inclusion, understanding and respect. They offer a variety of services.
The 519's Drop-In Counselling Programs
In addition to the above services, The 519's Trauma-Informed Counselling Services also provides free, single-session drop-in counselling services. These services are open to any individual over the age of 16 on a first-come, first-served basis during drop-in hours. Sessions are up to one hour in length.
First Time to Drop-in Counselling? Click here to learn more.
- Sunday Drop-In –Sundays, 11am – 2pm
For all 2SLGBTQ+ people.
- Meal Trans* –Mondays, 6 – 9pm
For folks who identify as two-spirit, trans, non-binary, gender queer, gender fluid, gender non-conforming.
For all 2SLGBTQ folks over the age of 50.
1st Monday of the month: 6 - 8pm
2nd, 3rd and 4th Monday of the month: 1 - 4pm
- Newcomer Drop-In* – Fridays, 2 - 6pm
For LGBTQ+ refugee claimants, convention refugees, permanent residents and live-in caregivers and their families.
*not open on statutory holidays
If you are in immediate danger or crisis, please call 9-1-1
Other Over-the-Phone Resources:
- Gerstein Crisis Centre (24/7): 416-929-5200
- Toronto Distress Centre (24/7): 416-408-4357 or text 741741 (2am-2pm daily)
- Trans Life Line (11am-5am EST): 1-877-330-6366
- Toronto Rape Crisis Centre (24/7): 416-597-8808
- Assaulted Women’s Helpline (24/7): 1-866-863-0511
- Kids Help Phone: (24/7) 1-800-668-6868
- Crisis Outreach Service for Seniors (9:00am-5:00pm daily): 416-217-2077
If you are experiencing violence, you can also contact The 519's Anti-Violence Initiatives: avi@The519.org
Links to 2SLGBTQ+ Resources and Supports: https://www.the519.org/programs/referrals