Creative Potluck is a FREE neighbourhood event, where artists and community residents gather around food to share ideas, best practices and network.
The event will feature a facilitated networking session and Pecha Kutcha-style presentations, where each artist is allotted 6min to share their project in a dynamic and succinct presentation.
This series was created from discussions with member organizations and other community partners, with the intent to provide space to share new artist works, discuss creative practices, and generate new ways in which we can build Toronto into a more creative city.
Interested? Stay tuned! Creative Poluck will launch fall 2018.
Creative Potluck | Breaking it Down: Exploring Music in the East End @ Riverdale Hub
In partnership with East End Arts
Special Musical Guest:
- Murray Foster | songwriter, musician, music producer, teacher, writer, speaker, filmmaker, and the founder of Toronto Songwriting School and Choir Nation.
- Iskwé | Musician, called one of the ’10 Artists to Watch in 2016’ by CBC Music
- Shahriyar Jamshidi | Kamanche player, composer, vocalist, and founder of the Dilan Ensemble
- Miranda Snyder | Founder and director of the East End Music Project (EEMP) and Publicity and Marketing Manager at HarperCollins Canada
Creative Potluck | Awakening: A Collection of Creative Stories @ YYZ Artists' Outlet
In partnership with Vibe Arts
- May Chook | Jazz & Improv Vocalist, Community Musician-Facilitator, Event Organizer
- Anthony Gebrehiwot | Photographer
- Alexia Bréard Anderson | Canadian Curatorial Student & Creative Entrepreneur
- Sandra Tarintino | Artist/Educator