ArtWorksTO provides opportunities for youth media artists (18-29) who identify as Indigenous, Black and People of Colour and/or 2SLGBTQ+ to gain professional experience, skills and network in the media arts industry.
ArtWorksTO is a partnership between Toronto Arts Foundation's Neighbourhood Arts Network (NAN), City of Toronto, The Remix Project, and Ontario College of Art & Design University (OCADU).
Please note our holiday closure may impact response time. If you have questions or require support with your Foundations application, please email Laura at Laura.Metcalfe(at)toronto.ca no later than December 18, 2020.
Learn more about ArtWorksTO and hear from past program participants by watching the intro video above!
This robust program includes:
- Portfolio Development Workshop delivered by OCAD U
- Certificate in Art and Design Professional Skills delivered by OCAD U to develop creative business skills
- Paid project contract with the City of Toronto and partner arts organizations (OCADU, Toronto Arts Foundation, and the Remix Project)
- Mentorship with industry advisors delivered by The Remix Project
- Employment supports through the City's Toronto Youth Partnerships & Employment (TYPE) program (optional), to provide:
- Assistance with employment goals, including education, training and wellness supports
Am I eligible for ArtWorksTO?
ArtWorksTO is open to:
- Residents of Toronto
- Youth 18-29 (by the application deadline)
- Youth who identify as Indigenous, Black, People of Colour and/or
- Youth who identify as 2SLGBTQ+ (Two-spirited, lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans, queer)
- Youth with experience (either self-taught or through community-based or formal training) as a media artist (videographer, graphic designer, illustrator, photographer, social media communications, User Experience - UX design, etc.)
- Youth artists with career aspirations in the creative industries as a media-based artist, entrepreneur, freelancer, or working professional
What activities are offered through ArtWorksTO?
Learn about the Foundations Stream and the Next Stream here.
ArtWorksTO is funded by the Government of Canada’s Future Skills Centre. Le projet Bridging the Gap est financé par le Centre des Compétences futures du gouvernement du Canada.