CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS IS NOW CLOSED.
Are you an artist or creative between the ages of 18-29?
ArtWorksTO is a capacity building and professional development project for youth arts entrepreneurs, in partnership with the City of Toronto – Toronto Youth Equity Strategy (TYES).
A Request for Proposals (RFP) has been issued for youth to create dynamic and original communication materials. These materials are intended to promote key City programs which serve youth needs and highlight best practices in youth-led collaborative initiatives.
- City of Toronto residents
- Individual youth artists (18-29)
- Groups of youth artists (18-29)
- Youth arts groups
- Youth social enterprises & businesses
- Professional experience in the relevant art-form, as described in the project (i.e. photography, videography, etc.)
- Lived experience or understanding of issues impacting MVP youth (youth most vulnerable to involvement in serious violence and crime)
2017 RECIPIENTS AND PROJECT HIGHLIGHTS
Corex Creative, Deaf Spectrum, Francis Fiction, Yael De Gale, Anthony Gebrehiwot, Adrian Huang, Loveleen Kang, James Malekzadeh, Mez Creatives, Atifa Nasiri, Paul Ohonsi, Maria Pineros, Polina Radtchenko, Aniqa Rahman, Rosa Solorzano, Meredith Stapon, Connie Tong, Torogoz Group, Hazel Mae Valenzuela.
"It's Not Just One Thing"
City Division: Youth Services at Toronto Public Library
Toronto Strong Neighbourhoods 2020 Neighbourhood Planning Tables
City Division: Social Development and Finance Administration
"Toronto Votes 2018"
City Division: City Clerk's Office
Caribana 2017, Youth in Policing
City Division: Toronto Police Services
Community Puzzle Posters
City Division: Parks Forestry & Recreation