ArtWorksTO provides opportunities for youth media artists (18-29) who are Indigenous, Black and People of Colour and/or 2SLGBTQ+ to gain professional experience, skills and network in the media arts industry.
ArtWorksTO is a partnership between Toronto Arts Foundation's, Neighbourhood Arts Network (NAN), City of Toronto, The Remix Project, and Ontario College of Art & Design University (OCAD U).
Learn more about ArtWorksTO and hear from past program participants by watching the intro video above!
What does ArtWorksTO offer me?
A $4,000 paid contract to complete a media arts project
Industry advice and connections with media arts professionals, coordinated by The Remix Project
Certificate in Art and Design Professional Skills from OCAD U School of Continuing Studies (only for Next Stream applicants, see FAQ)
Additional professional development opportunities
Employment and wellness support through The City’s Toronto Youth Partnerships and Employment (TYPE) program
Alumni Pathways (in development)
How do I apply to ArtWorksTO?
- Read the Program Guidelines and FAQ to learn more about eligibility and program offerings.
Join an info session
- Decide if you would like to apply to the Foundations or the Next Stream.
- Prepare your portfolio. Get help with your portfolio by registering for the Portfolio Prep with OCAD U (strongly encouraged)
- Complete your application form
- Submit your application before the deadline
What is the application deadline?
- ArtWorksTO Next Stream: Sunday July 25, 2021 (midnight)
- ArtWorksTO Foundations Stream: Sunday August 22, 2021 (midnight)
ArtWorksTO is funded by the Government of Canada’s Future Skills Centre. Le projet Bridging the Gap est financé par le Centre des Compétences futures du gouvernement du Canada.