RBC Space Award
This award focuses on providing affordable shared studio and/or exhibition spaces to newcomer professional artists who are past recipients of the RBC Newcomer Artist Award.
Applications are currently closed.
The RBC Space Award is a partnership between Neighbourhood Arts Network, an initiative of Toronto Arts Foundation, and Akin. This award provides access to space for professional artists to grow their practice. Applications will be administered by Neighbourhood Arts Network and assessed by an award panel of professional artists and/or cultural workers.
A total number of 6 recipients will receive:
- $500 cash to support their arts practice
- $1,000 in Akin credit to be used for shared studio or exhibition space
- Past Recipient of RBC Newcomer Artist Award
- Live in the City of Toronto or GTA (Halton, Peel, York and Durham municipalities)
- A member of Neighbourhood Arts Network
- Impact of the award in further developing the artist’s practice(s)
- Feasibility of the proposed use of studio/exhibit space
Please contact Ines at ines(at)torontoarts(dot)org.
How to Apply
To submit an application, complete the form below.
Click here to download the full guidelines.
Links to AKIN studio and exhibition spaces
We encourage you to visit the following links for details on: exhibition space, studio locations and photographs, and other Akin services.
Akin Remote Gallery Space: http://www.akincollective.com/remote
Akin’s Code of Conduct: http://www.akincollective.com/code-of-conduct
Akin’s Health & Safety Policy: www.akincollective.com/health-and-safety
Application Accessibility Support
Applicants who require support to complete their applications can request this assistance by October 1st, 2019 by emailing Inés Aguileta at firstname.lastname@example.org
The RBC Space Award is made possible with the support of RBC Foundation.
Previous RBC Space Award Recipients