RBC Arts Access Fund
The RBC Arts Access Fund is an award initiative presented by Neighbourhood Arts Network and RBC Foundation, awarding a total of $30,000 annually to support newcomer artists across Toronto.
NOMINATIONS FOR THE RBC ARTS ACCESS FUND ARE NOW CLOSED AND WILL REOPEN IN SPRING 2019.
"Being one of the recipients of the RBC Arts Access Fund 2017, it not just made possible to have my own solo exhibition in Toronto last August, It also became to me, a newcomer artist, the official Visa to access the Arts scenery of Toronto. In some way, it made me feel that I had acquired the “ legal” right to be visual artist in my new home. Since I got it , my artwork and myself have being achieving more exposure, recognition and collaborations in the cultural area. Accordingly, this fund have helped to restore my eroded confidence and provided the positive feelings I needed to push myself into pursuing a professional visual arts career in Canada."
- Mirna Chacin, 2018 recipient
The RBC Arts Access Fund is an award program for newcomer artists presented by RBC Foundation and Toronto Arts Foundatio, administered by Neighbourhood Arts Network.
The RBC Arts Access Fund is designed to support newcomer artists across Toronto. The awards range from $500 to $1500 to support costs associated with arts projects, such as artist fees, art supplies, equipment rental, space rental and food costs for a workshop or event. Additionally, awards may also support professional development, training and mentorship requests for newcomer artists looking to improve their skills regarding working in and with community.
Applicants must be:
- Newcomers who have been in Canada 7 years or less
- A permanent resident or Canadian citizen
- Be over 18 years old
- A member of Neighbourhood Arts Network
If you are not a member, sign up here
*Artists can receive only one RBC Arts Access Fund per year.
A jury of up to 5 members will review candidate profiles and make recipient recommendations. Jury members are selected for their expertise, credibility and experience along with sense of history and perspective. Each jury is comprised of participants who are practitioners of community-engaged arts, newcomer artists and community leaders
Awards will be awarded based on the following criteria:
- What is the potential impact of the proposed project on the artist and/or community?
- Does the artist have the ability and resources to carry out the project as described?
For those requesting paid mentorship and training support:
- How will the opportunity develop their work as an artist?
INTERESTED IN NOMINATING/SELF-NOMINATING?
1. Visit https://tac.smartsimple.ca/welcome/taf/
2. Create a Smart Simple account
3. Submit your nomination form
- Nominees can save their application at any time before submission by clicking ‘Save Draft.’ Nominees can log-in and out of TAF Awards portal as many times as needed before clicking ‘Submit.’
- Please ensure you are on the Toronto Arts Foundation Awards portal and NOT Toronto Arts Council.
Please contact Ines at 416-392-6802 x 221 or email ines(at)torontoarts(dot)org
The Arts RBC Arts Access Fund has been made possible by RBC Foundation with additional support from Neera Chopra.