RBC Arts Access Fund
The RBC Arts Access Award is presented by Neighbourhood Arts Network and RBC Foundation. It awards a total of $30,000 annually to support newcomer artists across Toronto and Toronto Greater Toronto Area.
NOMINATIONS FOR ROUND 1 OF THE RBC ARTS ACCESS AWARD ARE CLOSED!
The RBC Arts Access Award is designed to support newcomer artists across Toronto. The awards range from $500 to $1500 to support costs associated with arts projects, such as artist fees, art supplies, equipment rental, space rental and food costs for a workshop or event. Additionally, awards may also support professional development, training and mentorship requests for newcomer artists looking to improve their skills regarding working in and with community.
Round 2 opens: September 9th, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. (EST)
Applicants must be:
- Newcomer professional artist who has been in Canada between 1-7 years
- Canadian Citizen, or Permanent Resident (Landed Immigrant), have an application pending for Permanent Resident status, or be a Protected Person (approved refugee claimant)
- Over 18 years old
- Live in the City of Toronto or GTA (Halton, Peel, York and Durham municipalities)
- A member of Neighbourhood Arts Network - If you are not a member, sign up here
*Artists can receive only one RBC Arts Access Fund per year.
An award panel of up to 5 professional artists will review candidate profiles and make recipient recommendations. Award panelists are selected for their expertise, credibility and experience along with sense of history and perspective. Each award panel is comprised of participants who are practitioners of community-engaged arts, newcomer artists and community leaders.
Awards will be awarded based on the following criteria:
- What is the potential impact of the proposed project on the artist and/or community?
- Does the artist have the ability and resources to carry out the project as described?
For those requesting paid mentorship and training support:
- How will the opportunity develop their work as an artist?
Interested in nominating someone or self nominating?
1. Visit https://tac.smartsimple.ca/welcome/taf/
2. Create a Smart Simple account
3. Submit your nomination form
- Nominees can save their application at any time before submission by clicking ‘Save Draft.’ Nominees can log-in and out of TAF Awards portal as many times as needed before clicking ‘Submit.’
- Please ensure you are on the Toronto Arts Foundation Awards portal and NOT Toronto Arts Council.
Please contact Ines at 416-392-6802 x 221 or email ines(at)torontoarts(dot)org
The Arts RBC Arts Access Award is made possible by RBC Foundation.