Presented by DTRC
February 25 - March 26, 2021
This event is Accessible.
This event is Family Friendly.
Presented by the Dancer Transition Resource Centre (DTRC) in collaboration with regional and national arts service organizations, on the MOVE / danse TRANSIT welcomes young dancers into the professional dance community, and provides them with the skills, resources and networking opportunities they need to make an inspired and informed transition into the profession.
This year we have expanded the invitation to, Keep On Moving (KOM) guests by integrating programming that is focused not only graduating dancers but also dancers that have already spent a few years in the dance field as professionals. Below are a variety of sessions available for free for the entire season! Enjoy our offerings in both English and French and take advantage of activities that are animating dance voices in your region and across the country. Each session is presented by a different region or from a national perspective. We invite everyone to join us even if you live internationally. This is a great chance to learn valuable skills and discover resources as well as make new connections with dancers of all forms!
We look forward to seeing on Zoom soon!
· FEB 25 - 4:00- 5:45 PM (ET) – Thriving in times of Adversity: Building resiliency into your dance career (ON)
· FEB 26 - 1:00 to 3:30 PM (ET) - Solidarity, ethics and working conditions - Part 2
· MAR 6 - 12:00-2:00 PM (PST) – Self-Care & Collective Wellness (OTM/WEST)
· MAR 11 - 1:00-2:45 PM (ET) - Professional Survival Kit - The Virtual Vision: Presenting Yourself Online (ON)
· MAR 18 – 12:00 PM - 2:00 PM (PST) – Networking in Community (OTM/WEST)
· MAR 19 - 1:00-3:00 PM (ET) – Career Conversations (ON)
· MAR 25 -1:30-3:45 (ET) - Solidarity in Dance Education (CA)
· MAR 26 - 1:00-3:30 PM (ET) -Solidarity, Ethics and Working Conditions - Part 2 (QC)