OPEN CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS | XSPACE
Xpace Cultural Centre accepts proposals of all media from student and emerging artists, curators and/or designers. Exhibitions are selected by our Programming Committee, composed of Xpace staff, representatives from the OCAD Student Union and an outside member of the Toronto arts community.
Xpace Cultural Centre is a not-for-profit artist-run centre dedicated to providing emerging and student artists, designers, curators and writers with opportunities to showcase their work in a professional setting. Xpace is supported by the OCAD Student Union.
All selected artists/designers/curators are paid, and there is no fee to apply. This call covers all exhibition spaces from September 2020 through July 2021.
The 2020-2021 Call for Exhibition Submissions deadline is June 8, 2020 at 11:59PM
CLICK HERE TO APPLY
Applicants are asked to provide the following items:
1. Artist Statement (500 words max): The Artist Statement should give a description of your overall practice as it relates to the specific project you are proposing at Xpace.
2. Project Description (500 words max): The project description should give a clear and concrete description of the work you are proposing for installation at Xpace. Please specify which exhibition space you intend the work to be exhibited in. All of our spaces consider site specificity, so please take that into account in your description. If you are a curator proposing a group exhibition for the Main Space, please list confirmed artists (if any) and/or the content of your call for submissions (if you are planning on holding one).
3. Technical Description and Budget (250 words max): The technical description should include a list of all foreseeable technical requirements including equipment and materials necessary for installation within Xpace (this does not include materials to create the work). The Budget should indicate roughly how much your project will cost to install, itemized by category (materials, labour, etc.).
4. Curriculum Vitae (Max 3 pages): Your CV should include education and exhibition history, as well as any relevant experience, reviews, etc. Xpace only shows the work of emerging artists/curators/designers and/or students. Please note that formal training and education is not mandatory to apply. If you are unsure if you fall within our mandate, please ask.
5. Visual Support Material (5-10): Images must be in JPG format. You may include links to video and/or audio files. These should be a maximum of 3-5 minutes in total. If there is a specific portion of a longer video you would like the Programming Committee to watch, please indicate it on your support material list.
6. Support Material List: ordered and labeled to match the files given.
If you have any questions about the proposal process please contact Philip Leonard Ocampo at email@example.com before 1pm on June 8th, 2020.
Deadline: June 8, 2020
DUE TO HIGH INTEREST, XPACE WILL ONLY ACCEPT SUBMISSIONS RECEIVED THROUGH OUR FORMAL SUBMISSION PROCESS ON SUBMITTABLE AS OUTLINED ABOVE.
THOUGH STAFF IS HAPPY TO PROVIDE FEEDBACK AT ALL MOMENTS OF THE SUBMISSION PROCESS, WE CANNOT RESPOND TO INQUIRIES ASKED THROUGH DIRECT MESSAGE, TEXT OR FACEBOOK MESSENGER. WE ASK THAT APPLICANTS REACH OUT VIA E-MAIL INSTEAD.
LATE OR INCOMPLETE SUBMISSIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
APPLICANTS WILL BE NOTIFIED WITHIN 3 MONTHS OF THEIR PROPOSAL STATUS. WE LOOK FORWARD TO READING YOUR PROPOSALS AND THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST.
Original posting here.