JOB OPPORTUNITY | WORKMAN ARTS
Workman arts is hiring an Art Training Program Coordinator!
Workman Arts runs an interdisciplinary art training program for artists who identify as having lived experience of mental health and/or addiction issues. We are accepting applications for an Art Training Program Coordinator to implement an art training scaling project to priority neighbourhoods across the GTA in partnership with 6 local art service organizations. This position will also assist Workman Arts’ Education Manager with ongoing initiatives.
Core Competencies for Success:
- Proven project coordination skills;
- Experience in program planning, implementation and arts education program delivery;
- Knowledge of evaluation and assessment tools and techniques and the ability to redefine and modify programs following assessment;
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills;
- Excellent communication skills: oral and written;
- Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment
- Degree or training or equivalent experience in Arts Administration, Community Arts, Arts Education, Fine Arts or equivalent;
- Minimum two years of progressive, professional field experience in an arts, culture, social service-related environment.
About this Position
This is a full-time contract position that supports a four-year initiative funded by the Slaight Family Foundation.
Start date: Tuesday, May 25, 2021
End Date: Friday May 30, 2025
Salary: $35,000 (per annum; paid bi-weekly)
Hours: 35 hours per week; including occasional evenings
Benefits: sick leave; 4% vacation pay
Location: Downtown Toronto at the Centre for Addiction and Mental Health (fully accessible workplace) (working remotely until further notice).
How to apply:
Please send applications to email@example.com by 5 PM on Thursday, April 29, 2021. Please state Art Training Program Coordinator in the subject line.
Include a cover letter stating where you saw this job posting; why you are interested in this position and your current resume/CV.
*Please note: We thank all applicants for their interest; only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Workman Arts is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce and strongly encourages qualified applicants from diverse communities to apply and self-identify in their applications. We welcome and encourage applications from people with different abilities. Accommodations available on request: If you require accessibility support to complete this application please contact Justina Zatzman at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Original post here.