JOB OPPORTUNITY | STREET VOICES
Street Voices is hiring an Editor!
Street Voices is a media platform for street-involved and at-risk youth to share their stories, artwork, and opinions with the masses. Our overarching goal is to elevate the voices of street-involved youth, and marginalized folks who are too often left voiceless. We believe that the lived experience and knowledge of these communities needs to be shared with the world and our goal is to be a catalyst for change in our communities.
We are looking for an Editor, with an innate talent to know what makes an interesting angle to a story. We are also looking for someone that can lead a team and can lead with compassion. We want an editor that comes in to work ready to plan, pitch, delegate tasks, review and edit content; with help from an amazing team! The goal is to provide exceptional, informative and engaging content that is intersectional in its approach.
● Coordinate online content areas
● Oblige publication standards and establish goals and expectations for media team ● Suggest stories and generate headline ideas in alignment with targeted audience’s preferences. Keep in mind we work from an intersectional lens so stories need to be diverse and meaningful. ● Proofread, edit and improve stories or pieces
● Recruit and manage journalists
● Comply with media law and ethical guidelines
● Meet deadlines and budget requirements
● Bachelor’s degree required. Preferably in Journalism, Communications or Media Arts Requirements
● Proven working experience as an Editor (1 Year of Experience)
● Experience managing a Wordpress and/or Squarespace site
● Strong writing/editing/proofreading skills
● Contribute to the development of a social media monthly plan and strategy
● Proven familiarity with SEO and social media best practices
● Excellent written skills in English
● An eye for detail along with critical thinking
Pay and Contract Length
- Contract Wage: $1000/month
- Contract Length: Two months with a possible extension
Deadline: April 15, 2021