JOB OPPORTUNITY | REFUGEE HUB
The Refugee Hub is hiring a Communications Assistant (Student)!
The Refugee Hub was founded at uOttawa in 2012. Since its inception, the Hub has both generated cutting-edge research and provided responsive policy and program interventions in support of refugees in Canada and around the world. Our mission is to foster justice and human rights for refugees through innovative research, programs and partnerships.
The Refugee Hub is seeking a student to fill in the role of Communications Assistant (Student) for the 2021/2022 academic year. This role is a unique opportunity to work with a creative and dynamic remote team on some of the most exciting projects in the world right now within the refugee protection space. The Refugee Hub works closely with partners including the Government of Canada and the UNHCR.
Under the supervision of the Global Refugee Sponsorship Initiative (GRSI) Communications Officer, the Communications Assistant (Student) will:
- Support creation of website content, social media posts, newsletters, and other communication materials;
- Support management of communications tracking and analytics;
- Support development, translation, and design of printed, graphic, and multimedia materials (e.g., videos); and
- Support communication efforts during events including social media scheduling and media outreach.
- Demonstrated experience of online and social media communications with an eye for good design;
- Experience in design, content management, and monitoring tools such as Canva, Adobe Creative Cloud, WordPress, and Google Analytics;
- Ability to express themselves professionally orally and in writing and to work both independently and with direction with excellent attention to detail;
- Bilingualism in any of the official GRSI languages (French, Spanish, Portuguese, German, Italian) considered an asset;
- Familiarity with refugee issues, global and domestic politics, intergovernmental or public affairs, community sponsorship, or other related areas considered an asset.
Students must be registered in communications, marketing, visual arts, or similar programs at a University or College located in the Eastern time zone of Canada for the 2021/2022 academic year. This position will run from April 2021 and will be fully remote. It will average 14 hours a week at $20 per hour.
Shortlisted candidates will be expected to perform a task to evaluate their communications and design skill. Portfolios must be of graphic design, web development, writing, or social media samples, with preference given to published work.
To apply: Please apply via BambooHR refugeehub.bamboohr.com/jobs by uploading your CV, cover letter and a link to portfolio by March 5, 2021 @ 11:59 pm EST.