JOB OPPORTUNITY | REELWORLD
Reelworld is hiring a First Nation, Métis or Inuit Sponsorship and Events Project Manager!
Reelworld is seeking a creative, dynamic and motivated individual to join our team as a Sponsorship and Events Project Manager. If you are passionate about screen based media, then Reelworld is the place for you. If you have an entrepreneurial spirit and love the Arts, then this job is for you. If you love a fast pace and love being challenged, then you will want to work with Reelworld. Their staff are dedicated to seeing BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, People of Colour) Canadians succeed! They work hard and go the extra mile to help our filmmakers and content creators. Reelworld loves to hear your fresh ideas and love staff who speak up, ask us lots of questions, and have the curiosity and initiative to effectively solve problems. They are an established and well-placed festival in the Canadian artistic landscape and have strong contacts with key companies across Canada. Reelworld is an ideal place to build contacts, create positive change, and really develop your career in the entertainment industry.
This position is based on a grant; the candidate MUST identify as from a First Nation, Métis or Inuit background.
Sponsorship & Events Project Coordinator Duties:
- Sponsorship: Coordinate day-to-day relationship with funders & other partnerships; agencies and suppliers. Work with the Executive & Development Director to build an annual plan that incorporates all marketing vehicles - fully integrated for designated properties, which deliver superior experiential and immersive customer experiences. Build plans that deliver on business and brand priorities while leveraging our sponsorship assets in a meaningful way. Determine how best to leverage our partnerships to line up with Reelworld priorities. Join other Reelworld staff in following the direction of our strategic plans to develop the Reelworld Membership program, and create new values for existing stakeholders. Attend Industry events where employee will be introduced to key players and will be able to build relationships with funders & other partnerships; agencies and suppliers.
- Events: Facilitate activities with oversight of Reelworld partners. Create innovative programs to leverage partnerships effectively. Work with Executive Director and Development Director to demonstrate the partnership effectiveness of each event. Help to oversee and execute the Reelworld Film Festival and Reelworld Screen Institute. Provide admin support as needed, create project schedules and plans, prepare materials, setup and tear down events, and undertake project tasks as required including program evaluation. Help to support smooth office operations by helping to organize and digitally file documents. Assist with recruiting when necessary. Schedule meetings. Assist with developing/maintaining culturally sensitive organizational policies and procedures.
- The candidate MUST identify as from a First Nation, Métis or Inuit background.
- Diploma/Degree in related field: Marketing, Publicity, Project Management
- 2+ years’ experience and demonstrated success in fundraising, marketing, procuring sponsorship, and events management
- Excellent writing skills and ability to create persuasive copy and pitch material
- Expert project management skills - with proven ability to manage competing projects and prioritize accordingly.
- Excellent interpersonal skills - can work successfully with various organizational levels, whether that is with colleagues, senior executives, customers, partners, or artists.
- Innovative self-starter with a demonstrated ability to succeed in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong sense of design, proficient in light graphic creation, video editing, social media best practices and in standard suite of Office applications
- Strong interest in film, screen-based media and social advocacy
- Available to work during normal business hours and on evenings / weekends as required.
- Contract: April 2020 – March 2021
- Compensation: $40,194
Please send cover letter and resume to HR@reelworld.ca Please clearly indicate the position to which you are applying.
Deadline: March 31, 2020