JOB OPPORTUNITY | REELWORLD
Reelworld is seeking a creative, competent Indigenous arts administrator to join their team as an Events Project Coordinator Trainee!
Reelworld is seeking a creative, competent individual who is passionate about media arts and the Canadian film industry to join our team as a Events Project Coordinator Trainee. In this position, you will be working at all levels to ensure the success of Reelworld events, including our annual film festival, professional development events, and year round programming. You will be required to help plan and execute events from start to finish according to requirements, target audience, and objectives. In addition to enhancing Reelworld events, you will be required to perform administrative tasks. This position is based on a grant; the candidate MUST identify as First Nation, Métis or Inuit.
Events Project Coordinator Trainee Duties:
Project and Event Management:
● Help plan event from start to finish and come up with suggestions to enhance the event’s success
● Track project management
● Prepare budgets and ensure adherence
● Source and negotiate with vendors and suppliers
● Ensure event is completed smoothly and step up to resolve any problems that might occur
● Help to promote events: updating website content, graphics and design work for social media and marketing
● You may be required to oversee coops, interns and volunteers relating to events
● Please note that many events are online this year, so you will also be required to work on Reelworld’s digital presence including organizing Zoom webinar events.
You will be required to perform some administrative tasks such as updating and organizing data, cloud based filing and record keeping, and minute keeping at meetings at board and staff meetings.
● The candidate MUST reside in the GTA and identify as First Nations, Métis or Inuit
● Interest or experience in Marketing, Publicity, Events, Project Management
● Excellent verbal and writing skills
● Proficiency in Excel and knowledge of desktop publishing programs such as Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Canva, Microsoft PowerPoint
● Knowledge of digital file storage and synchronization
● Ability to prioritize workload and pivot daily workflow as needed
● Can work with various organizational levels: colleagues, senior executives, customers, partners, or artists
● A self-starter, team player and collaborator who is looking to learn and take on new challenges as they come
● Strong interest in film, screen-based media and social advocacy
● Available to work during normal business hours and on evenings / weekends as required
Reports to: Development Director, Executive Director
Compensation: $40,194 ($22/hr)
Please send cover letter and resume to HR@reelworld.ca Please clearly indicate the position to which you are applying. Please indicate in your cover letter whether or not you reside in the GTA and identify as either First Nation, Métis or Inuit.
Deadline: open until filled