JOB OPPORTUNITY | MYSEUM OF TORONTO
Myseum is looking for a Director of Development!
Myseum of Toronto is seeking a highly motivated individual who wants to be part of a new era in Toronto’s cultural and museum history. Reporting to the CEO, and working closely with the senior team, and the Financial Resource Development (FRD) Committee, the Director of Development is responsible for leading the organization’s capital fundraising campaign.This role is responsible for developing a capital fundraising strategy, leading prospect tracking, generating revenue from various sources, facilitating and managing stewardship, and liaising with major donors/sponsors, and other key stakeholders.
As a member of the senior management team, this individual participates in strategic planning, budgeting, ongoing operations, managing reporting staff, and liaising with Board Directors on an ongoing basis.
The Director of Development, as part of the management team, will be responsible for the eventual oversight of 1-2 Development Associates.
In consultation with the CEO, the Director of Development will recruit, interview, and select qualified staff; develop and implement appropriate human resources policies, procedures, and practices of the organization; and ensure all contract staff members, interns, and volunteers receive orientation and appropriate training in accordance with organizational standards.
The Director of Development will be responsible for:
- Developing an overall capital fundraising strategy with key targets, tactics, and timelines
- Prospect clearing of donors and sponsors for capital vs. operating fundraising
- Assisting in the ongoing management of CRM
- Generating revenue from multiple sources including individual donors, sponsors, foundations, grants, and major gifts
- Developing, implementing, and managing an ongoing stewardship strategy
- Developing, implementing, and managing a recognition strategy
- Developing and customizing proposals for new and existing partners, donors, and sponsors
- Researching and identifying strategic fundraising opportunities
- Working closely with CEO, Myseum staff, FRD Committee, and Board of Directors to incorporate fundraising strategy at all levels
- Other duties as assigned
Myseum of Toronto will evaluate applicants and proposals based on the following criteria:
Bachelor’s degree in not-for-profit management, fundraising management, arts management, or related fields
CFRE Designation preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- 5+ years of experience with demonstrated success in fundraising and donor management
- Demonstrated ability to manage capital campaigns
- Demonstrated success soliciting and securing gifts of $1,000,000 +
- Experience in Salesforce donor management system
- Expert knowledge of Canada Revenue Agency guidelines and charitable tax receipting
- Knowledge of professional fundraising codes of conduct such as the Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP)
- Demonstrated ability to effectively liaise with and foster ongoing relationships with donors and sponsors
- Excellent customer service and relationship management skills
- Strong project management and leadership skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage staff
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
SUBMISSION & REVIEW TIMELINE
Applicants who are interested in submitting a proposal must inform Katy Mountain (email@example.com) by Octovber 30, 2020
Start date is November 16, 2020.
Please submit a cover letter and resume in a single PDF document to Katy Mountain, Director of Operations and Development: firstname.lastname@example.org
Original post here.