JOB OPPORTUNITY | MAYBELLEARTS
MAYBELLEarts is hiring a Newcomer Engagement Lead!
MABELLEarts is an arts company. They use art and design to transform neighbourhoods with the people who live there.
MABELLEarts makes art with people. The art we make together is sometimes ephemeral, sometimes permanent but always created to spark and sustain connections between people and place. Connection is the essential ingredient for the neighbourhood transformation we seek. Connected people are healthier, more resilient, more civically engaged, more accepting of each other and better able to respond to change. Connected places are safe, more vibrant, prosperous, beautiful and livable. People connected to the place feel that we belong.
Co-creation at MABELLEarts is an invitation to play and explore new possibilities, in order to create the world we long to see. Using creative inquiry and play as a design tool, the art we make together begins to change the physical and social environment. At first the change is fleeting, but increasingly, as connections between people and place take root, we chart a course for lasting neighbourhood transformation. Along the way people, perceptions and systems also change for the better.
MABELLEarts welcomes those who have demonstrated a commitment to upholding the values of equity, diversity and inclusion. People coming together across real and perceived differences is the source of our strength. Diversity of racial background; ethnicity; country of origin; ancestry; age; cultural/religious background; ability; gender; gender identity and sexuality among staff and artists strengthens our ability to collaborate with communities and effect change. We encourage applications from members of groups that have been historically disadvantaged and marginalized, particularly applicants who’s lived experience reflects those of the communities we serve.
MABELLEarts is seeking a Newcomer Engagement Lead to join their team of artists and community leaders. This is a full-time position with benefits.
Date Posted: July 31, 2020
Application Deadline: August 15, 2020
Hourly Salary: 30 hrs per week X $24.10/hr
Term: Contract (August 22, 2020 - March 31, 2021), possibility of renewal
Over the past 8 years, MABELLEarts has been working alongside newcomer (immigrant, refugee and asylum seeker) communities in Etobicoke and across Canada. We are seeking a responsible, organized and compassionate individual with experience in newcomer communities to be the Newcomer Engagement Lead for Welcome to the Neighbourhood, a 3-year arts project funded by Immigration Refugee and Citizenship Canada (IRCC). Welcome to the Neighbourhood’s activities will support newcomers to broaden their social networks, increase their opportunities for socio-economic participation and forge supportive relationships in the broader community to support their full integration. Do you have experience working with newcomer communities? Are you keen to build partnerships and apply innovative, art-based approaches in the settlement sector? Are you able to match a welcoming, integrative approach with professionalism and attention to detail? If yes, this job may be right for you.
Core responsibilities include:
- Project Management & Facilitation:
- Management all logistical elements and administration of IRCC WTTN programming
- Designing and delivering accessible virtual workshops for settlement clients with support from the Head of Virtual Programming
- Onboarding, training & scheduling of project artists, staff and volunteers
- Maintaining accurate and consistent project activity records (intake, attendance tracking, participant feedback, field notes etc. ) in collaboration with the resettlement partner.
- Regular and Consistent updating of IRCC’s database tracking system.
- Coordinating Purchasing of Supplies and Materials.
- Project Budget tracking and reporting.
Project Outreach and Communication
- With the Head of Virtual Programming, to develop and execute targeted outreach and communication plans
- Ensure IRCC approval of all outreach communication materials in a timely manner
- Schedule and realize regular outreach and communication postings on MABELLEarts social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and Website).
- Coordinate and organize on-going photo and video documentation of project process and results.
- Develop and build relationships with community art and resettlement organizations throughout the course of this project.
- Use effective and respectful communication when dealing with partners to maintain professionalism.
- Manage statistical tracking of participants and partners for reporting purposes.
- Enter participant data into the iCare system accurately to meet each reporting deadline.
- Support any other reporting tasks for the IRCC WWTP project.
- Ensure adherence to funder, partner and MABELLEarts confidentiality and informed consent protocols in all documentation, data tracking and reporting elements related to the project.
- Demonstrate at least 2 years experience working with newcomer (immigrant, refugee and asylum seekers) clients and community members;
- Demonstrate experience in collaborating with marginalized communities and an understanding of the challenges and barriers they face;
- Demonstrate professionalism when communicating with Community Arts and Resettlement organizations to build strong relationships;
- Demonstrate effective team leadership through delegation, organization and strategic thinking;
- Must be proficient in Google Suite, Excel, and Zoom; proficiency with visual design tools (Photoshop, Canva, Indesign) an asset.
- Excellent communications skills both in person and in writing;
- Asset, but not required: experience or education in the arts sector and/or delivering art-based programming
- Asset, but not required: knowledge and ability to use iCare database system;
- Asset, but not required: able to speak Arabic, French, Urdu, Punjabi, Bangla or another language;
- Lived experience is considered a strong asset.
How to Apply:
To be considered for this position, please email your resume outlining your qualifications with the subject “Newcomer Engagement Lead” to email@example.com. Please include a cover letter with your resume, combined in a single pdf document. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered. No phone calls please.
In all aspects of the selection process, accommodations are available upon request. Interviews will be conducted by video conferencing. For your information, our office is located in a Toronto Community Housing high-rise tower that has been equipped with automated entrances and exits, and our washroom is wheelchair accessible.
Thank you for your interest in the position. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Original post here.