JOB OPPORTUNITY | CORPUS
Internationally acclaimed dance/theatre company CORPUS is looking for a full-time Administrative and Project Coordinator!
Co-founded in 1997 by Sylvie Bouchard and Artistic Director David Danzon, CORPUS is known for its precise and surrealist humour that combines movement with theatrical imagery. The company has 14 pieces in its repertoire and has presented more than 2500 performances across Canada and around the world.
In Canada, CORPUS has performed at the Milk International Children Festival (Toronto), Just for Laughs (Montreal), Canada Dance Festival (Ottawa), Dancing On the Edge Festival (Vancouver), the Sommet de la Francophonie (Moncton), to name a few. Internationally, CORPUS has visited more than 34 countries on five continents. Invitations include the Awesome Children Festival (Australia); the prestigious Singapore Arts festival; La Fira de teatre de Tarréga (Spain); and International Straattheaterfestival (Belgium). Several of CORPUS’ productions have been nominated for Dora Mavor Moore awards.
The Administrative and Project Coordinator provides support to the Company Manager and Artistic Director for the day-to-day operation of the company and helps with project organization (tours and outreach activities).
Duties and Responsibilities
- Routine administrative and clerical activities as required, including database management
- Payroll and banking, basic bookkeeping and budgeting
- Project coordination and logistics of school tours, local performances and productions
- Assistance with national and international touring including festival outreach, sales, negotiations, coordination, logistics and production
- Assistance with fundraising activities
- Assistance with grant writing, funding program research
- Help create and distribute quarterly e-newsletter
- Website update and maintenance (HTML language, WordPress)
- Manage social media platforms (Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, Vimeo)
- Event promotion and marketing (including handing flyers and postering)
- Supervision of studio rental management (calendar management and scheduling; invoicing and payment follow up)
- In charge of storage, props and costumes (organization, repair, etc.)
- Occasional national and international travel may be required
This role is for you if:
- You have perfect written and oral skills in French;
- You are convinced of the benefits of bringing arts to public spaces and understand the value of working with community partners;
- You like to interact with people and would be comfortable with a variety of stakeholders such as current and potential donors, board, members, volunteers, partners, presenters, etc;
- You like being part of a small and versatile team that is hands on at all events and don’t mind working long hours and weekends when necessary
- You are excited about working with people from various cultural backgrounds
Qualifications and Requirements
- Bilingual (English / French)
- Completed post-secondary training in arts administration and/or possess a minimum of two years’ relevant experience
- Excellent organization skills
- Strong computer skills - Mac, MS Office
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Resourceful, problem solver, detail oriented and team player
- Ability to multitask
- Photoshop and film editing skills
- Knowledge of dance and theatre milieu
- Term: Full-time
- Application deadline: Jan 31st, 2022
- Start Date: March 14th, 2022
- Salary: $40,000 to $45,000 (compensation commensurate with experience)
- Location: Toronto, ON
- Employee Benefits: Health benefits, time-off in lieu, remote workdays, birthdays off
Interested candidates are invited to submit a letter of interest, a resume and list of references to firstname.lastname@example.org Only successful applicants will be contacted.
CORPUS is an equal opportunity employer and accepts applications from all qualified candidates. CORPUS strongly encourages submissions from candidates of Indigenous and diverse backgrounds, as well as individuals who identify as having a disability.
Work Hours: This position is mainly Monday to Friday from 9am to 5pm, with occasional evening and weekend hours for events and performances.
Working Conditions: CORPUS administrative staff are currently working in the office and will continue to do so, subject to public health recommendations.
A comprehensive COVID-19 safety plan is in place and enforced to ensure all employees and contractors are safe and accountable. Successful applicants may be asked to disclose their vaccination status and will continue to do so, subject to public health recommendations.