JOB OPPORTUNITY | ART WITH IMPACT
Art With Impact is hiring a Facilitator!
Art With Impact Canada is looking for a Toronto-area based facilitator (applicants living in Toronto or the GTA) and a Western Canada-based facilitator (Vancouver, Kelowna, Calgary or Edmonton) for our 'Movies for Mental Health' college workshops. Our workshops use short film and dialogue to reduce the stigma of mental illness and connect college students with resources both on campus and in their communities.
Art With Impact Canada has conducted more than 75 Movies for Mental Health workshops over the past four years, refining and honing our model to ensure consistently positive results with our participants. The ideal candidate for this position will be able to take our model and apply it successfully, while creatively observing themselves, the events and participant responses to discover areas of possible improvement. They will have excellent communication skills and enjoy working as part of a team to grow this innovative program.
Communication with the Art With Impact team will take place over email and video calls, with in-person training from our Program Director, as well as an annual facilitator training in San Francisco September 13-15, 2019 (expenses covered). The selected facilitator will then lead at least five 2-hour workshops per academic year throughout their region (if Toronto, throughout Ontario, and including some travel in Quebec and Manitoba; if Western Canada, throughout BC and Alberta). This is a part-time contract position, with about 3-6 hours of prep-time before and after each workshop.
- Excellent public speaking and engagement skills
- Experience leading groups of people in dialogue-based learning
- Either lived or professional experience with mental illness and/or maintaining mental wellness
- Art, film or media literacy background or experience
- Strong commitment to fostering mental wellness in college students
- Willingness and ability to campuses to conduct workshops
- Strong organizational skills, experience coordinating events and keeping track of many details at once
- Ability to work independently while keeping team members, event speakers and other stakeholders informed and up to date with project-specific information
- College / university teaching or facilitating experience
Optional Additional Tasks
- We are aiming to hire at least one person to be a Facilitator, but we are also looking for a Facilitator who can also work as a Workshop Coordinator, which is a 10 hour per week position.
- The Workshop Coordinator is the primary AWI contact for staff and students who host M4MH and communicates with them regularly throughout the planning process. This includes using AWI’s online portal as well as Insightly, Asana and Google spreadsheets, editing digital marketing materials, and acting as the primary support for on-campus organizers in utilizing AWI’s thorough marketing tools to ensure high attendance at each workshop and sustaining positive relationships with campuses.
Preferred Requirements for this position:
- Experience in project management, including marketing and direct outreach
- Ability to thrive while managing lists of tasks, especially when working with collaborating partners with varying personalities and communication styles
- A big fan of spreadsheets and organization (we’re a bunch of excel nerds)
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills; ability to manage various concurrent projects with tight deadlines
- Ability to work independently and virtually, managing time well, and keeping team members informed and up to date
- 4-year degree
- 1-2 years minimum facilitation
Please send the following to Natalie Daley, Program Director at email@example.com. Please use the subject line: Region [ie. Ontario or Western Canada] Facilitator, OR Region [ie. Ontario or Western Canada] Facilitator and Coordinator, depending on if you’d like to apply to be a Facilitator, or a Facilitator and Coordinator. Please include:
- Cover Letter - PDF attachment (If applying to be a Facilitator and Coordinator, please be sure to address your experience with both roles in your cover letter)
- Resume - separate PDF attachment
- A 60-second or less video of you talking about something you're passionate about - it can be anything! Please upload the video to Youtube or Vimeo (if you make it "private," please be sure to give us permission to view it), or send a link to a file in Google Drive or Dropbox.
Deadline to apply: July 1, 2019
More information here.