JOB OPPORTUNITY | ART STARTS
Art Starts is hiring a Fundraising Coordinator!
- Application Deadline: July 30, 2019
- Rate of Pay: $20 per hour
- Hours Per Week: 16
- Contract: 1 year with possibility of renewal
Art Starts inspires and cultivates social change by bringing professional artists and Toronto residents together to create community-building arts projects in all artistic disciplines. We use the arts as a medium for engaging residents, identifying challenges, and collectively working to overcome them. Art Starts’ collaborative approach celebrates communities, creates a shared sense of identity, and responds to local needs in underserved neighbourhoods. Established in 1992, Art Starts is recognized as one of Toronto’s leading community arts organizations.
This is an exciting part- time opportunity to be part of an award-winning Community Arts organization. We are seeking an inspired and enthusiastic individual with excellent communication skills, a love of detail and a growth mindset. The Fundraising Coordinator reports to the Director of Development to implement fundraising initiatives, produce high quality funder reports, provide support with campaigns, event sponsorship, donor stewardship, grant applications etc...
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages fundraising initiatives such as the online auction, third party events, etc
- Manages Art Starts’ Bingo program including volunteer management and recruitment
- Produces and submits timely reports and proposals to funders
- Coordinates Art Starts’ individual giving initiatives including tracking donors, developing content for campaign materials and initiatives and managing timelines
- Coordinates donor and funder correspondence and recognition
- Maintains and utilizes Sumac database
- Researches new funding prospects
- Provides administrative support to the Director of Development
- Undergraduate degree or diploma
- Dedicated, enthusiastic & responsible with superior organizational and time management skills and attention to detail
- Superior writing skills with the ability to write clearly and concisely
- Proven ability to work independently, meet multiple competing deadlines and manage a variety of tasks concurrently
- Knowledge of Sumac or other CRM software a strong asset
- 1-2 years experience in fundraising or the charitable sector an asset
- Passionate about community arts
- Well developed computer skills, with experience in Powerpoint and Excel
- Strong design and layout skills and a keen eye for visuals
- Experience creating and managing budgets
- Marketing and social media experience an asset
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline: July 30, 2019
More information here.