JOB OPPORTUNITY | ART STARTS
Art Starts is hiring a Digital Media Associate!
Job Title: Digital Media Associate
Application Deadline: May 2nd, 2019
Hours per week: 32
Rate of pay: $14/hr
Length of contract: 16 weeks
Art Starts inspires long-term social change in Toronto's under-served neighbourhoods. We use the arts to engage residents, collectively work to overcome challenges, and create a shared sense of identity. Our collaborative approach to art-making celebrates communities, nurtures resiliency, cultivates life skills and inspires personal growth. Established in 1992, Art Starts is recognized as one of Toronto’s leading community arts organizations. The Toronto Arts Foundation recognized Art Starts with its 2013 Arts for Youth Award.
The Digital Media Associate will work with the Marketing andm Communications Coordinator to raise awareness about Art Starts and its impact on the
communities where we work. The candidate will have excellent writing skills, a good understanding of graphic design and web design using WordPress, and a basic understanding of mvideography/video editing.
Reports to: Marketing and Communications Coordinator
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Marketing and Communications
• Assist in designing marketing materials for web and print
• Website updates
• Develop social media strategies and methods for evaluation
• Film and edit video content for social media
• Contribute content to our newsletter, website, etc.
• Liaise with other departments and staff to gather information and resources as needed
• Collect contacts for media and influencer lists
• Some post-secondary education preferred, or equivalent work experience in related subject
area such as communications, journalism, or marketing
• Prior experience working in a community context is an asset
• Demonstrated experience with WordPress and current social media platforms
• Graphic design and web design experience
• Team player, with ability to work independently
• Excellent writing and organizational skills
• Candidate must be available to do occasional evening and weekend work and work flexible
Eligible applicants must meet the following criteria:
• be between the ages of 15-30 years at the start of employment
• must be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has
been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act for the duration of the
• have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and be legally entitled to
work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations.
Art Starts is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity and inclusiveness in the workplace.Please advise us if you require any accommodations during the hiring or interview process. Send resume, cover letter in one PDF and up to 4 samples of your writing (graphic design msamples, social media posts, links to digital media pieces, articles, etc.) to: email@example.com
Deadline to apply: 5:00 pm on May 2, 2019. Apply by email with Digital Media Associate in the subject line.
More information here.