JOB OPPORTUNITY | AGA KHAN MUSEUM
Aga Khan Museum is hiring an Events Sales and Accounts Manager!
The Aga Khan Museum (AKM) in Toronto, Canada offers visitors a window into worlds unknown or unfamiliar: the artistic, intellectual, and scientific heritage of Muslim civilizations across the centuries from the Iberian Peninsula to China. Its mission is to foster a greater understanding and appreciation of the contribution that Muslim civilizations have made to world heritage. Through education, research, and collaboration, the Museum will inform and inspire audiences from all cultures by presenting art created in the Muslim world throughout the past fourteen centuries, along with current paths of artistic practice and cultural development.
Reporting to the Commercial Director, the Events Sales & Accounts Manager is responsible for supporting the Commercial Director in achieving the revenue targets of the Commercial Division of the Aga Khan Museum with particular focus on the sales and growth of the private hire function of the Museum, including promoting AKM as a destination venue to the events world both locally and across North America. The incumbent will develop new business aimed at broadening the target client base for private hire. They will also be assigned enquiries received directly at the Museum and will be responsible for following up on the same.
- Develop and execute key sales strategies for the upselling of AKM and other spaces on site in consultation with the Commercial Director.
- Create new revenue by prospecting and cultivating sales leads to achieve and surpass annual sales targets as per the departmental KPI’s.
- Identify business opportunities and develop relationships with potential clients, including event associations, as well as individual clients, ensuring that these partnerships yield tangible results.
- Develop viable commercial relationships with partner institutions, museum patrons & friends and professional alliances.
- Expand business outreach through reaching out to personal networks and participating in industry specific conferences, ensuring that these partnerships yield tangible results.
- Ensure the expansion of private hire sales while remaining relevant within the Toronto events scene.
- Review and support new sales opportunities by remaining current on industry trends, market activities and competition and by organizing focus promotional events, targeting specific stakeholders to develop great awareness of the AKM brand and venue.
- Support business operating procedures to continuously improve the quality of the business and ensure consistent growth and sustainability.
- Organize site tours for potential clients and negotiate and fulfill all contract requirements.
- Monitor targets on a monthly basis in consultation with the Commercial Director.
- Be responsible for achieving group sales targets for the financial year.
- Contribute to the marketing plan for private hires in consultation with the Commercial Director and the Marketing & Communications Department.
- Prepare contracts and facilitate sign off by relevant AKM officers, the client and vendors.
- Work with finance on pre and post event financial reconciliation.
- Any other tasks as assigned by the line manger.
Qualifications & Experience
- An Undergraduate degree in a relevant field with a minimum of five years of sales experience or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Demonstrate ability to handle multiple priorities and be self-motivated in a high pressure and demanding work environment.
- Demonstrate ability to set and exceed goals.
- Operational and financial management acumen.
- Advanced project management, problem solving and crisis management skills.
- Good networking base.
- Excellent, communications (verbal/written), presentation, interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
- Strong marketing skills.
- Have a track record for success in leading and motivating teams.
- Flexibility to work some weekends, holidays and special event hours.
- Expressed interest in the mandate of the Museum.
Deadline to apply: April 23, 2019
How to Apply:
Please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com
The Museum thanks all those who apply, however only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please note that the Museum is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to fair and accessible employment practices. Upon request, suitable accommodations are available under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act for applicants invited to an interview.
More information here.