CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS | YEAR OF PUBLIC ART
The City of Toronto is looking for emerging artists to be in the Spotlight!
Artists with five years of experience or less are invited to submit a self-filmed video, sharing their practice, journey and stories around how they arrived as their present self in Toronto. Of these submissions, 52 emerging artists will be selected for the Spotlight, one per week during ArtworxTO: Toronto's Year of Public Art 2021-2022.
Each of the selected Spotlight Artists will receive the following:
- $250.00 CAD honorarium towards their practice, thanks to our friends at RBC.
- Promotion via ArtworxTO.ca and Culture_TO social media channels.
- A one-on-one mentorship meeting with a senior arts professional related to their goals/area of specialty.
Applications will be open during four submissions periods:
- Submission Period 1: July 8 – August 8, 2021
- Submission Period 2: September 22 – November 7, 2021
- Submission Period 3: December 13, 2021 – February 6, 2022
- Submission Period 4: March 21 – May 8, 2022
Please fill out this form to apply If you have any questions, please contact artworxTO@toronto.ca.
- Artists must work or live in Toronto
- Artists must be over 18 years of age (or apply with parent/guardian permission)
- Artists must identify as "emerging" and have no more than 5 years of experience in their field
- By applying, artists agree to have their video and biography shared on the ArtworxTO website and Culture_TO social media platforms.
Deadline: August 8, 2021
More information here.