CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS | VISUAL ARTS MISSISSAUGA
VAM's 43rd Annual Juried Show of Fine Arts has a call for submissions!
Visual Arts Mississauga (VAM) welcomes emerging and established artists living and working in Ontario to apply to participate in our 43rd Annual Juried Show of Fine Arts. Jurors will select 43 artworks to be on exhibition on the VAM43 website up from January 14 - December 31, 2021. If possible, the selected award winners art works will be on display at the Small Arms Inspection Building from Thursday, January 14 – February 11, 2021.
Please complete the information below and submit this entry form with your, artist’s bio, electronic copy of your artwork and entry fee by Sunday November 15, 2020.
TERMS OF ENTRY
- Applications are only accepted electronically and should be submitted here by google form or as an attached PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org with ATTN: 43rd Juried Art Show noted in the Subject line.
- Artists may submit 1 recent piece (completed between 2018 – 2020) for jurying. Open to all emerging and established artists 18 years and over living and working in Ontario.
- Submissions can include paintings in any medium; drawings; works of mixed-media; hand-pulled prints; fibre art and sculpture (free standing and two-dimensional), photography, new media and video.
- All works must be exhibition-ready. For 2 dimensional work this includes being professionally framed with appropriate mounting hardware. Photographic work must be framed or mounted on rigid surface. (D-hooks or end wiring must be securely attached to the frame. Faulty or poor wiring is not acceptable.) NOTE: Art work that has been juried into the show but are not considered exhibition-ready when delivered to the Small Arms Inspection Building will not be included in the exhibition.
- For 2 dimensional submissions, send only one digital image of the entire art work only with your application.
- Maximum size for 2 dimensional artworks is 132 cm wide by 360 cm high. NOTE: 132 cm is the maximum width per submission. Diptychs and triptychs must fit within these dimensions.
- For 3 dimensional/sculptural pieces, artists can send two images (two different views), or video of work in-site demonstrating audio, visual, kinetics as it applies to the work, with your application.
- Only completed applications submitted on or before the deadline (midnight, Sunday November 15, 2020) will be considered. This includes application form, accompanying artist biography, electronic image of a recent work of art and the application fee. Application fees can be paid online at www.visualartsmississauga.com. To pay your fee by phone with credit card, please call 905-277-4313, daily 9 a.m.- 4 p.m., Monday-Thursday and 9 a.m.-12 p.m., Friday, or 1 p.m.- 4 p.m. Saturday-Sunday.
- No substitutions. Only works that have been accepted by the jurors will be included in the exhibition.
- Entry fees and VAM Membership fees are non-refundable and non-transferrable.
- VAM reserves the right to decline a submission deemed unsuitable for the Show. This can include work that is not dry; insecurely or improperly framed; works previously submitted or published; work created with assistance, reproductions or copies of another’s artwork (including instructor demos). Giclées of paintings are considered reproductions and are not acceptable.
Application form here.
Application deadline: Sunday November 15, 2020