CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS | PGC
TYA Award for Playwrights Submission is open!
Award Submission Guidelines:
- This play must be intended for young audiences.
- The playwright must be a full or supporting member of Playwrights Guild of Canada in good standing.
- Be a minimum of 30 minutes in length.
- The play may have had a premiere production between May 1st, 2019 and May 16th, 2020 OR is a brand new script with no production history.
- Be written in English or be the first Canadian production of a play translated in to English.
- An original work
- Permission for any copyrighted material has been obtained
- Musicals are not accepted. If your submission is a musical, please submit to the Stage West Musical Award. TYA musicals are accepted for the Stage West Musical Award.
- Adaptations are accepted, but must involve substantial changes in form and/or expression. If the adapted work is not in the public domain, the playwright must include written permission from the original creator.
If there is more than one author (including co-writer, composer, etc) all authors must be included on the application form, but only one must be a full member of PGC.
Please note: All scripts are read blind. Please remove the playwright’s/creator’s name(s) from the script. Scripts submitted with creator’s names will not be accepted into the competition.
Please note: This form cannot accept files larger than 10 MB. If your .wav files are larger than 10MB (and most are) please send via Google Drive to email@example.com
Questions? Contact Mindy Doherty Griffiths, Tom Hendry Awards Manager for Playwrights Guild of Canada at 416-703-0201, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: June 17th 2020 at 11:59pm.
The entry fee is $21.50 per title entered. No Refunds for incorrect submissions.