CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS | ART GALLERY OF MISSISAUGA
Visual Arts Mississauga is now accepting applications for the VAM42 Juried Show of Fine Arts at the Art Gallery of Mississauga!
Visual Arts Mississauga (VAM) welcomes emerging and established artists living and working in Ontario to apply to participate in their 42nd Annual Juried Show of Fine Arts. The selected art works will be on display at the Art Gallery of Mississauga (AGM) from January 16, 2020 – March 14, 2020. The AGM is located at 300 City Centre Dr. in Mississauga. A Public Opening Reception will be held on Thursday, January 10, 2020 at 6 pm. All are welcome to attend.
TERMS OF ENTRY
- Applications are only accepted electronically and should be sent to email@example.com with ATTN: 42nd Juried Art Show noted in the Subject line.
- Artists may submit 1 recent piece (completed between 2017 – 2019) for jurying. Open to all emerging and established artists 18 years and over living and working in Ontario.
- Submissions can include paintings in any medium; drawings; works of mixed-media; hand-pulled prints; fibre art and sculpture (free standing and two-dimensional), photography, new media and video.
- All works must be exhibition-ready. For 2 dimensional work this includes being professionally framed with appropriate mounting hardware. Photographic work must be framed or mounted on rigid surface. (D-hooks or end wiring must be securely attached to the frame. Faulty or poor wiring is not acceptable.) NOTE: Art work that has been juried into the show but are not considered exhibition-ready when delivered to the AGM will not be included in the exhibition.
- For 2 dimensional submissions, send only one digital image of the entire art work only with your application.
- Maximum size for 2 dimensional artworks is 132 cm wide by 360 cm high. NOTE: 132 cm is the maximum width per submission. Diptychs and triptychs must fit within these dimensions.
- For 3 dimensional/sculptural pieces, artists can send two images (two different views), or video of work in-site demonstrating audio, visual, kinetics as it applies to the work, with your application.
- For film, video or new media works please include work on DVD format for both video and audio (marked with Length of Work – run time), and a YouTube link to the piece for the jurors to view. Submissions must be accompanied by clear exhibition specifications and a signed model release form if applicable.
- Only completed applications submitted on or before the deadline (midnight, Sunday November 10, 2019) will be considered. This includes application form, accompanying artist biography, electronic image of a recent work of art and the application fee. To pay your fee by credit card, please call 905-277-4313, daily 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- No substitutions. Only works that have been accepted by the jurors will be included in the exhibition.
- Works sold are subject to 20% commission to the Art Gallery of Mississauga (AGM).
- Entry fees and VAM Membership fees are non-refundable and non-transferrable.
- VAM & AGM reserves the right to decline a submission deemed unsuitable for the Show. This can include work that is not dry; insecurely or improperly framed; works previously submitted or published; work created with assistance, reproductions or copies of another’s artwork (including instructor demos). Giclées of paintings are considered reproductions and are not acceptable.
All participating artists are eligible to win an award. The jurors will select First Prize (value of $1000), Second Prize (value of $500), and Third prize (value of $300), and Honourable Mention (value of $100). AGM will award a prize for Curators Choice (value of $200). Awards Sponsored by Visual Arts Mississauga and DeSerres.
- SUNDAY NOVEMBER 10, 2019, Midnight – deadline to submit completed entry form, bio, electronic image and fee.
- SATURDAY JANUARY 11, 2020, 10 a.m. – noon – Drop off of selected artwork to the Art Gallery of Mississauga (AGM). We thank all applicants but only artists selected to exhibit in the 42nd Annual Juried Show of Fine Arts will be contacted with specific guidelines for the drop off, condition reporting and admission to the show. Artists must make arrangements for their work to be dropped off on Sunday January 6 only. No exceptions.
- THURSDAY JANUARY 16, 2020, 6 p.m. – 8 p.m. – Opening Reception & Awards at AGM.
- SUNDAY MARCH 15, 2020, 10 a.m. – noon – Artists need to pick up or arrange to have their work picked up from AGM. Works left at the AGM after Sunday March 15, 2020 will be charged $10 per day (no exceptions). Large pieces must be picked up by this same deadline, any costs of delivery must be arranged at the cost of the artist.
Go to https://www.visualartsmississauga.com/exhibitions/juried-show-of-fine-arts/ and download the application form. E-mail the completed form to: firstname.lastname@example.org with samples of your work as image attachments (as indicated in call guidelines).
Contact Number: 905.277.4313
Contact Email: email@example.com
Submission Deadline: November 10, 2019
More details here.