CALL FOR NOMINATIONS | CRAFT ONTARIO BOARD OF DIRECTORS:
Craft Ontario invites nominations from the membership for three (3) vacant positions on the Board of Directors!
Craft Ontario is currently seeking candidates who are passionate about its mandate and future vision. Candidates, if selected, will be required to serve as ambassadors for the organization, and offer leadership, insight and financial support as members of the Board of Directors.
Craft Ontario is seeking candidates that have experience and background in the craft sector, and/or can bring skills, expertise and resources to the areas of Accounting and Finance, Risk Management, Information Technology, Membership, or Retail.
To nominate someone, or yourself, please complete the nomination form below, along with supplying a brief letter stating their/your willingness and eligibility to serve, as well as a copy of their/your biography and current CV to: Kim McBrien Evans, Chair of the Nominations Committee, at email@example.com, no later than Saturday, March 21, 2020.
Directors will be elected at the 2020 Annual General Meeting, taking place on Thursday, June 25, 2020, 5:30 – 7:30 pm, at Craft Ontario, 1106 Queen St. W., Toronto M6J 1H9. Positions are for a two-year term and commence following the Annual General Meeting.
BOARD OF DIRECTORS – REQUIREMENTS OF SERVICE:
The Board of Directors provides strategic leadership and ensures effective governance of the organization by developing and overseeing the vision, mission, strategic direction, and values of Craft Ontario; ensuring the development of, and adherence to, policies that guide staff in organizational operations; fundraising; and exercising fiduciary responsibility to ensure financial viability and sustainability.
Director Roles and Responsibilities:
- Serve as charitable trustees
- Serve in a voluntary capacity with no remuneration or profit
- Be knowledgeable about the values, mission, programs and performance of the organization and act as ambassadors, promoting the work of the organization
- Evaluate strategic and business plan development, progress and effectiveness
- Attend board meetings, one strategic planning session and the Annual General Meeting per-year, as active participants
- Oversee and participate in fund development activities: work with staff to identify and recruit new funders, be aware of and acknowledge the organization’s key donors, participate in donor recognition and stewardship activities
- Donate to the organization in accordance to one’s means
Nominees must hold a current Craft Ontario membership in good standing up to and including Saturday, March 21, 2020.
Deadline: March 21, 2020
More information and the application form here.