CALL FOR APPLICATIONS | NIA CENTRE FOR THE ARTS: ARTIST IN RESIDENCE
Nia Centre for the Arts is re-launching the Artist-in-Residence program and has called for applications!
Nia Centre for the Arts is re-launching the Artist-in-Residence program and has called for applications! The first program of its kind in Canada to provide access to shared studio space, exclusive and customized professional development opportunities that support artistic growth - all with the goal of building the creative capacity of Afro-diasporic artists.
- Accessibility & Inclusion; Address the lack of safe and inclusive spaces for Black artists.
- Professional Development: Create spaces to support emerging artists to hone their talents.
- Community Building: Create opportunities for the community to experience artistic works rooted in Afro-diasporic traditionns
Residents will have access to:
- Shared studio space for 4 months
- Curatorial Guidance
- Opportunity to present your work & receive feedback
- Conversations with artists and leaders in Toronto’s arts & cultural community
- Professional Development workshops
- An artist fee + materials budget
The program will culminate with an exhibition of works produced by the residents in February 2020; dates to be confirmed.
The Artist-in-Residence program is open to all, however, preference will be given to artists from the African Diaspora.
Deadline to apply: Sunday, September 22, 2019, 11:59pm.
More information here.