I am the Artistic Director & Drama Educator of The Hive Performing Arts, an eclectic Brampton based not-for-profit performing arts company offering cross-disciplinary workshops on Drama, Communication & Theatre Productions.
Thoughts About Art and Community
Through theatre, I would like to:
1. Employ appropriate integrated physical and vocal resources to engage the audience in a performance that shows a sense of ownership.
2. Perform with confidence, clarity and creativity.
3. Consciously integrate knowledge, understanding and skills in a secure and
4. Demonstrate authority and control through relevant and thorough preparation
5. Combine skilful and appropriate use of voice, body and space with imaginative
response and flair, to engage the audience
6. Demonstrate a discriminating and sensitive personal interpretation of the material,
which conveys complexity and range of meaning (eg in mood, atmosphere,
characterization, context & feeling)
With a Speech & Drama Associate Degree in Performance from Trinity College of London, I am teaching a combination of classical techniques and practical skills learnt over the span of 18 years as a community theatre actor & director in Dubai, U.A.E.
1.5 year old in Canada, I have conducted drama workshops for children and adults. A production of 12 Angry Jurors supposed to be staged in March had to be called because of Covid 19. The show was 80 percent sold out. Play, The Jungle book scheduled for June end was also cancelled. Both of the above I was directing.
I did conduct few online theatre workshops in Summer.
My work can be seen on The Hive Performing Arts website/Facebook/Instagram post.
My work includes Sherlock, The Miracle Worker, Harry Potter, Indiana Jones, The Jungle Book, The Farnsworth Invention, Wait Until Dark & Art. Jimish’s acting credits include Othello, Sauce For The Goose, The Would Be Gentleman, Ring Round The Moon, Mousetrap, Black Comedy & Dangerous Corner.