Act II Studio
We provide training and performance opportunities for adults 50 plus, to nurture their creativity and develop their skills in the dramatic arts. We also develop and present theatrical projects that increase awareness and challenge stereotypes about aging, health, and other social issues.
Thoughts About Art and Community
We provide training and performance opportunities for adults 50 plus to nurture their creativity and develop their skills in the dramatic arts, and to serve the community by developing and presenting theatrical projects which increase awareness and challenge stereotypes about aging, health, and other social issues.
The Estelle Craig ACT II STUDIO is:
- a theatre program with an extensive curriculum designed to build skills in the dramatic arts at all levels, from beginners to those with prior experience
- a creative drama centre dedicated to inspiring individual creativity and to giving the older adult voice a chance to be heard through work that is artistically unique and of value to the wider community
- a warm, nurturing community of individuals aged 50 plus who come from all walks of life to learn, create, perform, and participate in theatre and related activities
- a volunteer organization coordinated by a student council, a number of standing committees, and volunteers
- an accredited member of the Toronto Association of Acting Studios (T.A.A.S.)
The Estelle Craig ACT II STUDIO developed out of an acting workshop offered by Ryerson University and is part of the Programs for 50+ in The G. Raymond Chang School of Continuing Education (www.ryerson.ca/ce/programs50plus). It has since grown to become a prominent leader in the area of older adult theatre education and creativity.
Events submitted by this member