Arts.4.Equity - Free Youth Workshop Series
Calling Youth Ages 13-18! July 23-27, 10-3pm
This is an opportunity to express yourself AND your community through the arts. Pick one of four art streams (photography, visual arts, performance art or Afro-Caribbean modern dance) to gain new art skills and participate in diversity education workshops to explore ideas about identity, stereotypes and social action facilitated by Harmony Movement in collaboration with Scarborough Cares and Kaleidoscope
How Do I Get Involved?
- Complete an application form to register for arts.4.equity
- Commit to all five workshops (Monday to Friday) held over one week
- Receive up to 25 community service hours for your OSSD
- Showcase your creative piece at the end-of-project arts exhibition
- Have an opportunity to have your work showcased at the Art Gallery of Ontario Youth Exposition in fall
- Monday, July 23– 27. Workshops will run from 10:00am – 3:00pm. Snacks and Lunch will be provided.
Final Showcase will be on July 31st in the evening.
AccessPoint on Danforth located at 3079 Danforth Avenue. Closest intersection is Victoria Park and Danforth.. TTC tickets will be provided.
How Do I Complete My Application?
- If you are between the ages of 13-18, please send your COMPLETED application form to Sheena Resplandor, Program Officer by email at Sheena@harmony.ca or by fax at 416.385.3644.
Applications are due by Wednesday, July 17.
There are only 40 spots available!
For more information, call 416.385.2660 or check out the Harmony Movement website at: www.harmony.ca