We are pleased to announce that membership is free for 2012!
Having difficulty joining through this website? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Do you or your organization develop or program community-engaged art within the City of Toronto? Interested in sharing resources, gaining skills and networking with like-minded individuals? You should be a member of the Neighbourhood Arts Network! Our over 350 members include individuals and organizations whose interests or mandates embrace the idea of community engagement and accessibility of the arts.
Interested in how the arts can enhance our city or if you just want to check out what is happening in your neighbourhood? You can use this website as your community-engaged art resource without becoming a member.
As a member of the Network you are joining a community of individuals and organizations committed to enriching and developing Toronto’s neighbourhoods through the arts.
Members have access to the following programs:
- Promotion & Advocacy: through our centralized, interactive website; communications with city councillors; printed materials such as posters, postcards and member directories distributed through libraries and community centres; through videos and online profiles highlighting various arts projects throughout the city.
- Networking: through an ongoing series of networking events throughout the city; regular newsletters and our constantly updated, member-driven website
- Professional Development: through ongoing workshops, seminars, and larger forums.
- Research & Resource Sharing: through round table discussions; interviews and consultations with artists; publishing and sharing information on funding, policy, and best practices; encouraging bartering and resource sharing through our website and newsletter
- Building Partnerships: with city builders, social services agencies, libraries, community and health centres, business improvement associations and others who share the desire to enhance Toronto’s neighbourhoods through the arts.
Membership has its responsibilities. In order to keep the Network current and active, members are required to:
- Create a profile page on the Neighbourhood Arts Network website
- Update your profile on a regular basis; minimum of once per year
- Create a link between your website and the Neighbourhood Arts Network website, and
- Take an active, participatory role in the Network – which could take the form of attending Networking sessions, contributing to the Network blog, completing surveys, or taking part in a committee
The Network has two types of Membership:
- Individual Membership: For individuals who develop or deliver community-engaged arts
- Organizational Membership: For organizations that develop, facilitate, or program community-engaged arts such as social service agencies, not-for-profit arts groups and artist collectives.
Questions? Contact Ella Cooper, Network Coordinator at email@example.com