Uth Daze Employment Opportunity
On May 15, 2011, the reConnexion Collective presented Uth: A Day Experience at *b current's 10th annual rock.paper.sistahz Festival.
This free event saw over 300 kids, youth and their parents connecting, attending performances, and participating in workshops & creative
activities, including the play Aneemah’s Spot by spoken word artist Motion, face painting with Christopher Pinheiro, Mash Up Theatre workshop,
Colour Me Dragg performances, poetry from Shauntay Grant (former Halifax Poet Laureate), Caribbean rhythms workshop, community youth performing, a bring-your-own-camera workshop and much more!
They return in 2012 with Uth Daze – a 3-day mini arts festival. Uth Daze 2012 will focus on ideas, activities and presentations that cross cultural and
Apply to work as Programmer with reConnexion Collective to make this second, all about Uth mini festival a success!
The Uth Daze Programmer is expected to:
- help generate ideas for creative programming
- program the activities & presentations
- secure the artists & facilitators
- work with the festival team to secure supporters and donors
- lead team in promoting the event to the community, schools & youth
Timeline: part time work from January-May 2012
Payment: $1500 honorarium
Please apply if you:
- have a background in performing arts (are an artist, arts facilitator,
- have experience working creatively with kids and/or youth
- are passionate about arts for kids and youth
- care about how we work and play across cultural and other borders!
Email applications to firstname.lastname@example.org by November 30th 2011.
Interviews will take place in December 2011/January 2012.
Questions: phone b current at 416.533.1500 or email email@example.com