UNITY Charity seeks Program Intern
UNITY Job Posting: Contract Program Intern
UNITY is a youth led charity dedicated to showing youth how using positive forms of artistic self-expression leads to making positive life choices. Through our performance driven programs and events we display the possibilities of positive self-expressions to help boost the self-esteem of youth while steering them away from violence, racism and other negative expressions.
• Supports the coordination and implementation of UNITY’s outreach programs and events in schools and the wider communities.
• Assist the Program Director in implementing project ideas.
• Supports and records discussions with youth UNITY Clubs in preparation for advertising, auditions, rehearsals, assemblies and workshops.
• Implement evaluations of the program through facilitating formal surveys and focus group discussions.
• Assist student performers by offering artistic guidance in the preparation of their artistic pieces to integrate with UNITY's artists and overall message.
• Assist in facilitating and hosting presentations in schools and the community to market the program towards school staff, youth, parents, and community organizations.
• Manage and follow up with key high school officials (administration, principals, teaching staff, etc.) on program implementation.
• Assist the planning and attendance of necessary meetings, auditions, assembly and workshops.
• Assist the management of transactions with schools through the creation of invoices, receipts, and payables to artists associated with the program.
• Assistant scheduling and organizing the performers for assemblies and workshops.
• Ensure student performers meet application requirements and deadlines.
• Liaison with UNITY’s Program Director on program progress and implementation.
• Strong presentation and communication skills in both verbal and writing.
• Strong interpersonal skills dealing with youth groups and teams in areas of artistic guidance, conflict resolution, and leadership
• Strong multi-tasking ability.
• Strong time management ability.
• Effective proficiency at Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc).
• Effective customer service skills in addressing inquiries, complaints, and comments from public-at-large
• General knowledge and understanding of the hip hop artistic community
• Access to personal transportation required for this position
This contract length will be for 5 months with a possible extension starting September 1st, 2011. Position hours will be approximately 12 to 18 hours per week with contract fee of $2,500 due at end of contract term on January 31st, 2012.
Please email all resumes to email@example.com. We appreciate all applications. Only qualified candidates will receive a call for an interview.