Recipe For Community: Planning Local Investments - Community Consultation
RECIPE FOR COMMUNITY - PLANNING LOCAL INVESTMENTS
A CONSULTATION WITH STAKEHOLDERS
Learning Enrichment Foundation Youth Centre
1267 Weston Rd @ Ray Avenue
August 23, 2012
6 - 8:30 p.m.
What is Recipe for Community?
Recipe for Community is a Toronto Community Foundation and City of Toronto led initiative that engages neighbourhood residents young and old to improve the sense of belonging and safety in their communities, improving the city from the ground up, one neighbourhood at a time. Recipe for Community brings together four key "ingredients": food, convening, youth engagement, and neighbourhood beautification.
Recipe for Community was first implemented with the Alexandra Park Community in 2009. In 2010 the program worked with residents in St. James Town, investing more than $500,000 in revitalized outdoor spaces, bike repair cooking and carpentry programs, the creation of an outdoor movie theatre and the refurbishment of an outdoor basketball court. In 2012/13, Recipe for Community is working with residents in Weston-Mount Dennis to improve their neighbourhood and invest in their community.
Who are the partners?
• City of Toronto
• Toronto Community Foundation
• Humber College
• ING Direct
• Access Community Capital Fund
• UrbanArts Toronto
What are we going to discuss?
1. Share information about current investment plans and activities in Weston-Mt. Dennis.
2. Share information about past Recipe for Community projects.
3. Gather ideas from participants under the four themes of food, convening, youth engagement, and neighbourhood beautification.
Who else is being invited?
1. Local residents
2. Political representatives
3. Business representatives
4. Current and potential partners
5. Local youth
6. Community organizations