Employment Opportunity: AFCY Marketing & PR Coordinator
Job Opportunity: AFCY Marketing & PR Coordinator
Organization: Arts for Children and Youth (AFCY)
Address: 401 Richmond Street West, Suite 230, Toronto, On, M5V 3A8
Arts for Children and Youth (AFCY) is looking for an organized, enthusiastic, skilled individual with a creative edge, who is interested in becoming involved with marketing and public relations for an exciting not-for-profit arts education organization. Since 1995, AFCY has provided unique, hands-on arts education programming for children and youth from under-resourced communities in Toronto.
Position: Marketing & PR Coordinator
Term: Part-time, permanent with some mandatory evenings and weekends
Start Date: ASAP
Marketing & PR Coordinator
If you are passionate about a career in helping all children and youth value and enjoy the lifelong benefits of healthy, creative communities, we want to meet you! The Marketing & Communications Coordinator coordinates the implementation of marketing and communications activities and assists in planning, reporting and related administration processes.
In collaboration with the Executive & Artistic Director, Development Coordinator and the Programming Team, the Marketing & PR Coordinator will play a vital role in overseeing and executing all marketing operations of Arts for Children and Youth on a part-time basis, four days per week.
Marketing & PR
·Ensure the vision, mandate and objectives of AFCY are reflected through all internal and external communications
· Initiate, build and maintain relationships with various stakeholders
· Get approvals from funders on press releases, flyers and e-vites on a regular basis
· Continue to develop and implement an effective marketing plan and e-communications strategy deriving from AFCY’s Strategic Plan, in order to advance the profile of AFCY, and create opportunities for support to, and advancement of the work of the charity with potential funders, donors, partners and the public
· Create and manage content on the AFCY website, out-of-home advertising portals and social media portals, ensuring content is always changing and current
· Collaborate with the Executive/Artistic Director and other staff to develop content, tone, voice and consistency for print, website and social media initiatives
· Design and edit Jumpstart - AFCY’s newsletter
· Design, update and maintain AFCY’s brochures, letterhead, business cards, promotional material for outreach programs, community flyers, plaques, brag books, signage, and material needed for special events
· Oversee and maintain photo/video file sharing libraries, documenting outreach programs, receptions, fundraisers and special events
· Act as media liaison – pitching stories, setting up interviews, writing and distributing press releases/PSAs, and preparing media kits
· Maintain and build relationships with media representatives
· Monitor marketing and PR effectiveness. Compile and report various statistics on a regular basis.
· Attend AFCY’s Youth Advisory meetings to mentor and assist youth with the marketing of Big Bam Boom - AFCY’s annual youth arts festival
· Assist with preparing images and support material for grants, interim and final reports for funders
· Social networking reporting and management
· Attend community events and receptions, and represent AFCY
· Collaborate with and assist other staff members with special events
· Assist and carry out other relevant duties as required
· Graduate of a post-secondary program in marketing, graphic design, communications or other relevant field
· Minimum 2 years previous experience in marketing, publicity, graphic design, media management, preferably in an arts education setting
· Knowledge and experience with building and managing fundraising online campaigns
· Strong writing skills, and excellent command communicating in the English language – both written and spoken
· Experience with e-marketing websites such as Constant Contact, MailChimp or Vertical Response
· Database management experience is considered an asset
· Detail oriented with excellent time management skills, with the ability to multitask and meet multiple deadlines and adapt to changing priorities
· Comfortable working in an open concept workspace environment
· Comfortable on MAC platform, using Adobe Creative Suite, Wordpress, database software, and other relevant media related software or equipment
· Experience writing in CP Style an asset
· French Language skills are also considered an asset
All interested applicants should email their cover letter along with their cv/resume to Ester Pugliese, Development Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title Marketing & PR Coordinator in the subject line of the email. Deadline for applications is August 1, 2012 and the start date is ASAP. Arts for Children and Youth is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified candidates. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
About Arts for Children and Youth
Arts for Children and Youth’s (AFCY) mandate is to engage young people living in priority neighbourhoods in high quality and accessible arts educational programs that are meaningful, relevant and collaboratively developed with community and education partners. AFCY positions arts programs in schools and neighbourhood venues as a means of building community, and empowering marginalized children and youth to reach their full potential as artists and social contributors.
Founded in 1995, Arts for Children and Youth (AFCY) has provided arts programming to more than 55,000 children and youth from under-serviced communities through inner-city schools, community centers, hospitals, shelters, and Toronto Community Housing buildings.
Learn more at: www.afcy.ca.
Categories: Employment Opportunities