Application Call for Agency Mentorship Program
Call out to Youth-Led Organizations/Agencies Interested in “Build the Legacy: Agency Mentorship Program”
For Youth Initiative (FYI), a non-profit organization that follows a for-youth-by-youth model, has with the support of a number of valuable community stakeholders built its capacity and developed into a sustainable non-profit charitable organization. Following the substantial growth, FYI obtained funding from the Youth Challenge Fund to create a program through which FYI could share its experience and knowledge with other developing youth-led organizations.
As a follow up to our call out for the “Build the Legacy Program” in November 2010, FYI is currently seeking youth-led organizations to participate in the Agency Mentorship Program. We are targeting youth-led organizations that have long-term aspirations and a desire to be vocal players in the youth-led sector. These youth-led organizations should also have basic infrastructure in place that will allow them to benefit fully from the services offered, for example decision-making bodies and basic financial processes in place.
Through training, one-on-one mentorship sessions, and partnership and network development, FYI aims to assist youth-led groups with the building of infrastructure, creating governance structures, understanding the funding sector, constructing accountable financial systems, developing youth friendly spaces, and strengthening programming models etc. It is our goal that the program/trainings will be specifically catered to the unique needs of the organizations and the communities they serve.
Organizations applying for this program must meet the eligibility criteria stated below:
1. Be youth-led, youth-driven and youth-focused
2. Do work in one of the 13 priority neighbourhoods with at least one member of the leadership living in a priority or underserved neighbourhood
3. Build capacity of youth to succeed in their community and make informed choices through delivering programs and/or providing services
4. Be collaborative (i.e. connect with other social services entities within the community)
5. Should have a desire to become a legal entity (Incorporated, non-profit and/or charitable status)
a. Includes a desire to create/improve organizational infrastructure
b. A desire to form/improve governance structure
6. Enter into a inter-agency partnership agreement with FYI
7. Must have previous lived and/or work experience in the priority neighbourhoods
8. Have an operating budget from around $30 000 per year to $200 000 per year (at the time of the application) to qualify
9. Be open to organizational mentorship and strategic planning supports
If you are interested in applying for the Agency Mentorship Program, please contact Christa Romaldi, Agency Mentorship Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 416-779-1076.
An Information Session pertaining to the attached application for the Agency Mentorship Program will be held the evening of Friday, March 25, 2011. Interested groups are required to RSVP either via email or via telephone to Christa Romaldi. It is strongly recommended that you attend the Information Session if your organization intends to apply to the program.
The Agency Mentorship Application will be due to Christa Romaldi April 4, 2011 by 4pm. If mailed, the Application must be postmarked April 4, 2011.